Reading is about insight into human experience, about understanding. Key Takeaways has been built with one purpose in mind – preserve the key takeaways from books, so that the time spent reading them is time well spent.
if you already read a lot of books we’d like to recommend these two articles.
- Warren Buffett’s Best Kept Secret to Success: The Art of Reading, Remembering, and Retaining More Books
- Business Books Are Virtually Worthless Without This
Oh, and we are embracing the Antilibrary!
We are open to contributions from everyone.
It’s a great way to capture your thoughts on the book and the most useful points whilst they are still fresh in your mind.
Writing them down also helps crystallize your thoughts and put them more firmly in you memory (a bit like writing notes in a training session) – plus it means you will have the notes readily available for future reference or something to later point your friends or colleagues.
If you decide to leave your Book Review here (we will be happy about that), please read this short guidline.
Here are a few rules to follow:
- Reviewing a book that has already been reviewed is OK
- Keep summary personal and emphasize how the book made YOU feel
- Keep key takeaways independent of the rest of the review, so each key takeaway can stand taken out of context.
- We plan to use them as quotes later.
- Make sure to correctly categorize, provide an image (Flickr is OK) and a link to the book on Amazon